Thursday, October 11, 2007

Mind Freak

My mom sent this to me today.

When you click on the link, you'll see the woman in silhouette to the left, only she'll be in motion. But the direction in which she'll be turning (clockwise or counter-clockwise) will depend on which hemisphere of your brain is dominant.

I won't say in the post (though I will in the comments) which direction she turned for me, but I will say that when I'm watching it, I have a very hard time figuring how anyone could possibly see her spinning in the opposite direction.

A couple of hours ago, however, I did see her turning in the opposite direction, but just as soon as I'd perceived it, she started turning the way she always turns.

Anyway, pretty interesting.

8 comments:

Miller Sturtevant said...

Clockwise.

Gretchen said...

I knew you'd be clockwise! I swear when I first looked at it it was counterclockwise, but then when Shawn was beside me it turned to clockwise, and he saw clockwise, counter, clockwise, counter. He's crazy.

Anonymous said...

Yep, I unlike most of you idiots use my ENTIRE brain to do EVERYTHING.

You guys are all operating at 50%. It's why you can't see Thestrals.

Anonymous said...

i see it both ways after blinking rapidly, both nipples

Unknown said...

woooo whooooooo

Al Gore won the Nobel!

Now all he would have to do is announce and he'd rip about half of Clinton's supporters away from her and he'd wipe his ass all over Guilliani's face in the General election

Unknown said...

oh...and clockwise

Nhinesy said...

ok...so counter...and then back to clockwise the next time I clicked it.

I think it's bullshit. I think it spins different directions at random and it has nothing to do with hemispheres

blankfist said...

Only clockwise for me. Try as I may, I cannot get it to go counter. I've been trying.