In line with past blogs, here are a few ideas from LifeOrganizers.com that can each help you save a minute a day. Add them up, and that's a lot of time saved!
- USE ADDRESS LABELS. Stop writing out your return address. Get a set of pre-addressed labels, and use them when sending out cards, bills, letters, etc. In addition, keep some with you at all times. There are going to be occasions when you're in a store and are asked to fill out your name and address on something. Just pull out a sticker and you're done in seconds.
- STOP SHARING INEXPENSIVE TOOLS. If you're sharing your scissors, or three-hole punch, with someone in your office or in multiply rooms in your home, then you're wasting precious minutes walking back and forth borrowing it, and returning it. Save time, and buy one of your own.
- TYPE OUT DIRECTIONS--ONCE! If you find yourself wasting time constantly writing out directions to your home or office, type out the directions once, coming from north, south, east and west. Print it out and make copies. Keep them filed in your filing cabinet. Next time someone asks, your directions are ready to mail or fax. They can also be e-mailed if you saved the computer file.
- MAKE CHECKLISTS. Make quick checklists for things you, or others, have to remember, and keep these checklists visible. For example, keep voice mail instructions right on the telephone. Affix 'How to Record a Program' instructions, on the VCR. Use a magnet and affix a checklist for the pet sitter to the refrigerator. You won't have to waste time explaining what needs to be done.
- BOOK WHILE YOU’RE THERE. Whenever you visit your doctor, dentist or hairdresser, bring your datebook and book the next appointment before you leave the office.
Hope at least one of these ideas will be helpful to you. See you next week.