Thursday, February 16, 2006

Your Thursday Inanity: A Drawing of the Missus

Peggy read in the comments that a particular Inanity reader wanted to see some family-friendly drawings of this blogger's wife. She thought this sounded like a good idea, (and one that wouldn't require hours to compose), and so, this Thursday evening, I present this heavily cropped drawing of my lovely wife, Peggy.

I drew this from a photograph taken at Sushi on Brand. I cropped myself way the hell out of it because, well, I look freakish in it. The closer you look, the more apparent it becomes that I drew myself... incorrectly. Because Peggy likes the drawing (even the vaguely humanoid version of myself in it), I don't want to post it up because it would (rightly) be mocked and maligned in the comments, and, because Peggy is attached to the drawing, she wouldn't like my friends to make fun of it. So I'm posting up the successful part of the drawing: Peggy. Though the likeness isn't dead-on, it's close enough that I definitely recognize my wife in it, and am not embarrassed to show this SECTION of the drawing off. Most of my attempts at drawing her end up on page after page of botched attempts, not terribly unlike the page of caricatures I posted yesterday, though the source material is obviously much better-looking and actually worthy of rendering. Anyway, so here's a drawing of Peggy which we both like.

(And for reference, I'm including here the source photograph. Ain't she purty?)

All right. Now is the time when we catch up on Lost episodes. (Shout out to Mom-in-law Pat Ethier for taping all of them for us! Totally awesome!)

4 comments:

Miller Sturtevant said...

For the record: Peggy tells me that the photo was NOT taken at Sushi on Brand, but at an Italian place out in the Palm Desert. My memory has been wrong on this one for some time. I totally thought it was the sushi place. On Brand. I am wrong. Now for Lost!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Nathan. I've noticed than several of your drawings have a distinct preoccupation with lips, teeth, and gums. I think a career in dentistry is calling your name, Crane.

blankfist said...

WATERWORLD HAT! You must concede! CONCEDE! YOU MUST PUT UP THE ENTIRE DRAWING OF YOU AND PEGGY AT THAT ITALIAN PLACE SO WE CAN MAKE FUN OF YOUR FREAKISH WATER-HEAD!

Okay, the bloop demons have left me. Back to some semblence of Heath normalcy. Hey, yeah, LOST has been amazing for the past two episodes. Let me know what you think, when you're not hating on the 'faith' implications, you pinko.

blankfist said...

I just realized, that was taken from the picture you handed out during your wedding. I like that picture. You should show us the entire drawing.